If you want to know about SBI ATM PIN Generation then I think you have landed on a good website, so let’s start. SBI provides a Green PIN facility to all its customers to make it easy to generate a new ATM PIN or change the existing PIN. This personal identification number protects all SBI account holders from any unauthorized transactions as all withdrawals, online transactions, and POS transactions are completed only after entering the unique 4-digit SBI PIN. Know Below How to Generate SBI ATM PIN via NetBanking, SMS Banking, Customer Care, and ATM.
The first method is to go directly to the nearest SBI ATM machine and the second is by using online services like SBI Internet Banking. Another way is by sending it an SMS and finally, you can generate the PIN by calling a toll-free number. Here’s How You Can Generate SBI ATM PIN Using ATM, Internet Banking, SMS & Customer Care.
- ATM Machine.
- SBI Netbanking.
- Through SMS.
- Customer Care.
- YONO Application.
- Green PIN.
How to Create SBI ATM PIN Generation using SBI ATM Machine:
Let’s start with one of the easiest ways to generate an SBI ATM PIN. For this process, you need to visit the nearest SBI ATM with a new ATM card and it is recommended to carry your registered phone with you for OTP verification. Here is how you can set your ATM PIN using an SBI ATM machine.
- Visit the closest SBI ATM and start the process to generate your SBI PIN.
- Select the option to generate a PIN on the next screen
- Enter the 11-digit account number associated with the debit card inserted.
- Click on “confirm” after entering the mobile number registered with the bank.
- On the next screen, you will see a message thanking you for being part of the SBI Green initiative.
- Click on the “confirm” button.
- The ATM will display a confirmation message once you successfully generate the PIN.
- Your number will receive an OTP valid for 48 hours.
- Within this period, visit any SBI ATM and choose the “Banking>PIN Change” option, and your registered mobile number will get an OTP when the ATM asks you to enter the SBI ATM PIN. Follow the remaining steps to change the SBI ATM Card PIN.
The OTP will be valid for 2 days on your registered phone and make sure you don’t share it with anyone else. It is also worth mentioning that if you are generating a PIN for the first time, the bank advises you to go to another bank’s ATM instead of an SBI ATM. If you want to change your ATM PIN, the steps mentioned above are also valid.
How to Create SBI ATM PIN Generation Using Online Sbi Netbanking:
This is for those who have internet access and a valid user ID and password for SBI Online Banking You don’t need to visit SBI ATM for this step.
- Visit the SBIOnline banking website and your user ID and password and click on login.
- On the homepage, select “e-Services” > ATM Card Services.
- Click on “ATM PIN Generation”
- Choose an option to validate (OTP or Profile password).
- Enter OTP sent to your phone number and hit submit.
- Select your bank account and hit continue.
- Select your ATM card and hit Submit.
- Enter the first two digits of your desired PIN and submit.
- You will get an SMS on your mobile with the last two digits of your ATM PIN.
- Enter four digits of your new PIN (The first two created by you and the last two-digit sent to you through SMS) and click on “Submit”.
- Your new ATM PIN is now created.
How to Create SBI ATM PIN generation Through SMS:
This feature can come in handy if you don’t have access to internet baking. However, you will need to visit an ATM to complete the PIN generation process.
- Send an SMS to 567676, and compose the following message: PIN <Last 4 digits of ATM Card> <Last 4 digits of Account Number>.
- You will get an OTP on your phone, which will be valid for 2 days.
- Within 2 days time, you will have to visit the nearest ATM branch to generate the new ATM PIN.
To do this, you can follow the steps mentioned in the “How to Create Using SBI ATM Machine” section.
Read also: Xvideostudio Video Editor Apps
How to Create SBI ATM PIN Generation Through Customer Care:
This step may come in handy if you don’t have internet access. However, you will need to visit an ATM to complete this process. Make sure you have your account number and ATM card number with you before calling customer care.
- Call 1800 112 211 or 1800 425 3800 from your registered mobile number (toll-free).
- Select your desired language.
- Press 2 for ATM/ debit card-related services.
- Press 1 to change or generate an ATM PIN.
- Select 1 again if you are calling from the registered mobile number or else press 2 to speak to a customer care representative.
- Complete the on-call instructions and you will get a temporary PIN on your registered mobile number.
After getting the temporary ATM PIN, you need to visit the nearest SBI ATM to change it. a temporary PIN will be valid for 24 hours only.
How to Create SBI ATM PIN Generation Through YONO Application:
You can also generate your SBI ATM PIN using SBI’s YONO app. Here’s what you need to know:
- Download and install the YONO application from Google Play Store and Apple App Store.
- Log in using the application using your SBI Internet Banking username and password.
- Once done, click on the hamburger menu and scroll to Service Requests under the Quick Links tab.
- Tap on ATM/Debit Card Services then enters your profile password, the same as your SBI Net Banking profile password.
- Now, tap on Activate Card in the ATM/Debit Card section.
- Select the account you want to activate and enter the 16-digit card number.
- Once done, click on Next and you will receive an OTP on the registered mobile number. Enter OTP and generate your SBI ATM PIN.
Green PIN is a digital way to get your ATM PIN. Using this facility, you can create your PIN in no time. This is an initiative towards paperless banking and is convenient for customers as it helps avoid delays in bank visits and card activation.
How to Generate SBI Green PIN.
- Go to the app store and download SBI quick application.
- Click on the ATM cum Debit card option.
- You will be displayed three options; you have to choose Generate Green PIN of the given options.
- In the next step, you will be displayed two options namely: The last 4 digits of your Debit Card and the Last 4 digits of your account number. You need to fill in the asked credentials to proceed further.
- Click Submit after filling in the credentials. As soon as you click submit, you will be taken to your Inbox as shown in the image. You will be shown the sender’s number automatically.
- You can also send a message directly via SMS to generate a green pin. Just add 567676 to the sender details and you need to add the last 4-digit pin of your debit card and account number. Send a direct message to 67676 You need to send the message from the number registered with the bank.
Note: You need to have a balance of Rs. 3 on your phone to send the message.
- As soon as you send the message you will get a message from SBI as shown in the following screen that the OTPT mentioned in the message is the green pin of your ATM card and not the actual pin. It is valid for 24 hours and you need to change this PIN within 24 hours from your nearest ATM before expiry.
Read also: PowerDirector MOD APK
How to use Green PIN to set your ATM Card PIN:
- Visit your nearest SBI ATM and insert your card
- Once you select the language in which you want further instructions to be given, you can select PIN Generation.
- In the next step, you will be asked to enter your 11-digit account number and mobile number. Kindly enter the registered mobile number and click confirm.
- Once you are verified, the Green PIN is sent to your registered mobile number.
- Enter the Green PIN to validate your request.
- Now enter the new PIN that you want to set for the ATM card.
- Once you change the PIN, you will be able to do further transactions.
Follow these steps to ensure safety regarding your SBI ATM PIN.
- The PIN keeps transactions secure. Hence every account holder too must keep this number secure.
- Never use a slip of paper to note down your PIN.
- Never send your SBI ATM PIN to anyone via SMS or email.
- As you can generate an SBI PIN whenever you want, even if you forget your original PIN, it is prudent not to save the PIN on any device.
- When entering the SBI ATM PIN, ensure no one is looking, and cover the machine.
Types of SBI Debit Cards:
The table below tells about the different cards of SBI that you can use after generating a PIN:
|Name||What Is It?||Benefits|
|1) SBI IOCL Co-branded Contactless Credit Card||This RuPay debit card is contactless and features an EMV chip for further protection. Customers, both new and old, who are SBI customers.||Customers can use this card to receive extra reward points at any IOCL retail location.|
|2) SBI My Card International||SBI My International debit card has an EMV chip.||It lets you shop without having to carry cash.|
|3) SBI Mumbai Metro Combo Card||The State Bank Mumbai Metro Combo Card, which doubles as a payment and access card with a slew of benefits has made commuting in the Mumbai Metro a whole lot easier.||The card saves commuters time by removing the need to queue for tickets at Mumbai Metro Stations. The card can also be used as a shopping card to make online purchases, payments, and cash withdrawals in India and around the world.|
|4) SBI Global International Debit Card||As it has an inbuilt EMV chip, the State Bank Global International Debit Card provides comprehensive security against fraudulent transactions.||Enjoy cashless shopping anywhere in the globe and earn limitless Freedom Rewards points on all debit card purchases. Clients can double their reward points earned in a quarter by making three consecutive purchases.|
|5) SBI Gold International Debit Card||The State Bank Gold International Debit Card provides optimum freedom while making a point of Sale and online transactions, with a buy transaction limit of Rs.2 lakh.||The primary debit cardholder receives complimentary life insurance coverage of up to Rs 2 lakhs. The card also comes with purchase protection insurance for up to Rs 5000/- in theft or damage for a period of 90 days from the date of purchase.|
|6) SBI Platinum International Debit Card||Purchase goods, book flights, pay bills and conduct online transactions with your State Bank Platinum International Debit Card – as a Platinum member of SBI. Three consecutive purchase transactions on a State Bank Platinum International Debit Card will triple your reward points collected in a quarter.||Members of the Platinum debit card are entitled to complimentary life insurance coverage of up to Rs 5 lakhs, as well as purchase protection insurance of up to Rs 50,000/-, both valid for 90 days from the date of purchase.|
Well, this is how you will find your SBI ATM PIN. Be it NetBanking, SMS, Phone Call, or YONO App, the choice is yours. Remember to always save your PIN mentally. I hope you liked this article, I request you to share this valuable information with your friends or family. Our aim is to provide only accurate information. Thank you very much for reading this article and don’t forget to bookmark our website for more content.